Featuring the iconic Kangaroo, these fractional coins are loved by investors and collectors alike for their .9999 Gold content and changing designs.
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Presented in a plastic capsule.
- Limited mintage of 200,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Jody Clark likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a crouching kangaroo with Waratah and Kangaroo Paw native plants in the background. The design also incorporates the inscription “Australian Kangaroo,” The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mint mark, the 2021 year-date, and the weight and purity.
- Guaranteed by The Perth Mint.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Gold Kangaroo coins offer an unrivaled combination of quality, fascinating design and a limited mintage, making this Gold coin a collectible you will want to own. Add the 2021 1/10 oz Gold Australian Kangaroo coin to your cart today!
The Gold Kangaroo series was originally the Gold Nugget series minted by the Perth Mint, beginning in 1986. The reverse images featured various Gold Nuggets from 1986 to 1989, until the design was changed in 1989 to feature the kangaroo, which was more symbolic of Australia. Minted in denominations of 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz and 1 kilo sizes, these coins have legal tender status in Australia. A significant appeal for collectors is the fact that the designs of these beautiful coins change each year, differentiating them from many other popular Gold sovereign coins. This is the first year featuring the new Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
The kangaroo is the most instantly recognizable wildlife symbol of Australia. The world’s largest marsupial, females carry their infants around in their pouch for two months after being born. These young kangaroos, called joeys, will stay close to their mothers until about eight months of age.
Red Kangaroos hop along on their powerful hind legs and do so at tremendous speed and with incredible grace. In fact, a red kangaroo can reach speeds of over 35 miles per hour! Their massive gait allows them to cover 25 feet in a single leap. The male kangaroos are larger than the females, and sometimes fight over potential mates by leaning back on their tails and boxing each other with their strong hind legs.