Gold Kangaroo bullion coins are a striking tribute to Australia’s most recognizable animal. Featuring the iconic kangaroo, the 2023 Gold Kangaroo coin is loved by investors and collectors for its .9999 fine Gold content and stunning design.
The Gold Kangaroo offers an unrivaled combination of quality and fascinating wildlife design, which brings this Gold bullion coin series to life.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Portrays the Jody Clark likeness of Queen Elizabeth II as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a kangaroo looking over its shoulder with a eucalyptus and grass trees in the background. The design also incorporates the inscription “Australian Kangaroo,” The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mint mark, the 2023 year-date, and the weight and purity. The reverse of this 1 oz coin also includes a security feature in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter within each coin’s inscription that is only detectable under a magnifying glass.
- Australian legal tender guaranteed by The Perth Mint.
Add this 2023 Gold Kangaroo coin to your cart today!
Gold Nugget & Kangaroo Series
The Gold Nugget series was first introduced in 1987 by Gold Corp., an entity owned by the Western Australian government, and then was introduced again in 1989 featuring the well-known Australian symbol, the kangaroo. Today, not only are the Gold Kangaroos available in the 1 oz Gold BU coin, but also in smaller fractional sizes and the large format Gold 1 kilo.
Gold Kangaroo Design
Each year, The Perth Mint’s 1 oz and fractional Gold sizes feature a yearly changing design of Australia’s most recognizable animal. The 1-kilo Gold Kangaroo coin reverse remains consistent yearly with the iconic red kangaroo design.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is Australia’s oldest and longest-operating mint. Throughout its history, the name has become synonymous with some of the highest standard Precious Metal bullion and collectible products. The Perth Mint is most well known for its Gold Swan and Silver Swan series, Gold Kangaroo and Silver Kangaroo, Koala, Gold Lunar and Silver Lunar, and the Silver Kookaburra programs along with a wide variety of specialty bullion releases.