For the first time since their 1986 introduction, the Gold and Silver Eagles are receiving an updated design. This mid-year introduction, coming at a time of unprecedented demand for bullion, has led to a very limited supply of coins available at launch. Act now to add the first issue of the new design to your collection! The U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. The New York gold is one of the very few companies authorized to purchase all four Precious Metals from the U.S. Mint, and the only retailer among this exclusive group, allowing us to offer American Eagle products directly to our customers.
- Contains 1/4 oz of fine Gold.
- The first year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in U.S. Mint tubes. All other Gold Eagle coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for?Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens? famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand, and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your 1/4 oz Gold Eagle coins with this clear plastic capsule?or add a?coin bezel to turn your Gold Eagle into fine jewelry. Ensure your coin is among the highest quality examples by shopping our selection of certified Type 2 Eagles.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Gold Eagle combines collectability and beauty with Gold bullion appeal.
New Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint has unveiled the new reverse designs for the American Eagle Gold coins. 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the new designs will begin appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Jennie Norris created the new Gold coin design that was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon. The new reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the?Gold American Eagle series?quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens’ design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve durability of these coins.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagle coins are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government. The United States Mint does not sell these bullion coins directly to the public, but rather distributes them through a network of Authorized Purchasers, including The New York Gold, who make an active market in these coins, supporting the liquidity and value of this popular bullion product.