- Contains 1/4 oz of fine Gold.
- Multiples of 40 Gold Eagles are prepared in U.S. Mint tubes; all others will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Tailored from the Saint-Gaudens artwork, this Gold coin shows Lady Liberty with integrated details from the Bronze cast to augment this renowned design.
- Reverse: Spotlights a close portrayal of a bald eagle.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Add this 2023 Gold American Eagle to your cart today!
2023 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle BU
The United States Mint unveiled new reverse styles for the 2021 American Eagle Gold coins and the changed design will be used going forward into 2023. Mint A.I.P. designer Jennie Norris developed the new Gold coin displaying the American Eagle, which was then sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon. The obverse has also been modified with alternative details from the first design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to complement this classic visual.
American Gold Eagle Coins
The Gold American Eagle line has become one of the most desirable bullion coins in the business since it was introduced in 1986. These coins were the initial Gold bullion coins supported by the United States government, producing a new sense of protection that American Gold investors had not yet enjoyed. The obverse is modeled after Saint-Gaudens’ design for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907 and is still used today as the picture of American coinage beauty. All American Gold Eagle coins are prepared in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver added to the Gold content to improve the toughness of these sought-after coins.