Gold American Eagles are one of the most popular bullion coins in the world due to their famous design and guaranteed gold content. This 2021 issue hold interest for collections as the first of the series to feature a?new design?since its 1986 introduction. Act now to add this new design to your collection.The?U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. NYGold is one of very few companies authorized to purchase?all four Precious Metals from the U.S. Mint, and the only retailer among this exclusive group, allowing us to offer American Eagle products directly to our customers.
- Contains 1/4 oz of fine Gold.
- First year of the?historic redesign?of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- Coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for?Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens? famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand, and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your 2021 Gold Eagle coins with this?clear plastic capsule?or add a?coin bezel?to turn your 1/4 oz Gold Eagle into fine jewelry.
New 2021 Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint has unveiled the?new reverse designs?for the 2021 American Eagle Gold coins. 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the new designs will begin appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Jennie Norris created the new Gold coin design that was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon. The new reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the?Gold American Eagle series?quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens’ design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve durability of these coins.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagle coins are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government. The United States Mint does not sell these?bullion coins directly to the public, but rather distributes them through a network of Authorized Purchasers, including NYGold, who make an active market in these coins, supporting the liquidity and value of this popular bullion product.
|Pure Gold Content||7.77 grams|
|Purity||.9167 (22 Karat)|