One of the world’s most popular bullion coins, the Austrian Philharmonic is classically designed in .9999 fine Gold and contains 1/2 oz of Gold.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: The Great Organ of the Golden Hall in Vienna’s concert hall, the Musikverein, along with the 2023 year-date, weight and face value.
- Reverse: An array of instruments, including the cello, violin, harp, Vienna horn and bassoon.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
This stunning Gold bullion coin is loved around the world for its 1/2 oz metal content and classic, recognizable design. Add the fractional 2023 Gold Austrian Philharmonic to your cart today!
Gold Philharmonic Series
First minted in 1989, The Austrian Gold Philharmonic bullion coins were created to pay homage to the famous Vienna Philharmonic, one of the world’s most well-known orchestras. The 1 oz coin was minted with a face value of 2,000 schillings until it was changed to €100 in 2002. Gold Philharmonics now include a variety of fractional sizes, including the 1/2 oz Gold, and also include Silver and Platinum versions of these coins. On the 20th anniversary of the series, The Austrian Mint introduced a 20 oz .9999 fine Gold Philharmonic.
Gold Philharmonic Design
Since its inception, the Gold Philharmonic has recreated the artwork of the great pipe organ in the Vienna Musikverein’s Golden Hall on the obverse and various instruments on the reverse. The reverse depicts the cello, violin, harp, Vienna horn and bassoon.